Open Source Mechatronics
NOTE: THIS PROJECT HAS NOW MOVED TO GITHUB: http://jhu-cisst.github.io/mechatronics/
This site is dedicated to the development of open source mechatronics. Specifically, it contains design files and documentation for a motor controller with an IEEE-1394a (Firewire) interface. The controller consists of two boards: FPGA1394 and QLA. The FPGA1394 board contains a Xilinx FPGA to minimize the latency between the Firewire bus and the controller I/O. The Quad Linear Amplifier (QLA) board contains four linear amplifiers for controlling four DC brush motors. These controllers can be used to drive the da Vinci Research Kit, which consists of the mechanical components of the first-generation da Vinci (known as the da Vinci Classic).
Please check the SVN repository, either by using the Browse Source tab above or by doing an SVN checkout from https://svn.lcsr.jhu.edu/mechatronics/trunk.
See also Robotics Infrastructure - Mechatronics.
- Development Environment (Linux)
- Interface Specification (IEEE-1394 packet formats)
- Low-level Software API (C language)
- Low-level Example Programs
- da Vinci Research Kit
- Schematics (pdf):
- How to program the FPGA board
- Board (FPGA1394 & QLA) release notes
- FPGA firmware release notes
Menus (top right)
- Timeline: shows who/when/what changed with commit logs.
- Browse Source: web-based svn repository browser
- View Tickets/New Ticket: view/create a ticket
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.